1. Place the water, sugar, chai in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Add the pears and cover with a piece of non-stick baking paper and top with a small plate or lid to weigh down the pears.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 35–40 minutes or until the pears are soft. Carefully remove the pears from the syrup and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan-forced. Grease and line a large loaf pan. Set aside.
4. Using an electric mixer beat the butter, panella, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, beating for an additional 3 minutes. Slowly beat in fresh grated ginger.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, chai, and salt, whisking to combine. Slowly alternate folding in the flour mixture and the yoghurt into the wet ingredients until everything is combined.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf pan, then place the pears bottom side down in the batter so they are nearly enveloped. Bake for 1 hour, then allow to sit for 20 minutes on a cooling rack before removing from pan.
7. Serve with double cream or ice-cream.
Probiotic & Live Cultures
Source of Calcium
No Gelatin or Thickeners